An atheist is someone who willingly rejects God as the ultimate authority; thus “choosing” to disbelieve/deny His existence.
Wrong. An atheist is someone who sees no evidence for any gods and, therefore, logical acts as if one does not exist. I am an atheist because I deny that the claim that a god exists has any validity. I haven’t chosen this belief, it’s not my preference, my preference is irrelevant what matters is observed reality. I don’t choose to not believe there’s a bigfoot, I just don’t see any good reason to believe there is, so I don’t believe it. Same with god.
No one is born an atheist, they learn NOT to believe. People choose to become atheists.
The way you’re repeating that point about the choice of belief is suspicious. It makes me feel like you’re trying to warp minds. Are you trying to warp minds? Look, you can not choose to believe that two plus two is five, you examine the evidence and determine that two plus two equals four. That’s not a thing I believe, it’s not a thing I chose, it’s just a thing I observed. No convincing, supporting evidence pointing to a god is also something I observed.
And, in fact, since babies don’t hold a belief in a god, everyone is born an atheist. It’s the default position. Just like everyone is born speaking no languages, everyone is born believing in no god. Superstition, like language needs to be taught.
Let’s look at the amount knowledge that a human being can possess.
There is no way to quantify that. There is no measure of knowledge, there is no limit to thoughts that can be stored in a human brain.
It is obvious that even the smartest person who has ever lived couldn’t possess even 1% of all the knowledge in existence.
That’s not obvious to me. You haven’t defined knowledge, you haven’t explained how all the knowledge could be broken into percentages, your armchair speculation is full of presumptions and nonsense designed to arrive at the point you set out to arrive at.
Now let’s imagine that there exists an Atheist who possesses 1% of all the knowledge in existence. This is of course a huge exaggeration, but for the sake of argument let’s say that someone did possess that amount of knowledge. If this person was honest, they would have to admit that the other 99% of knowledge that they didn’t possess could have the evidence that proves God’s existence.
Argument from ignorance does not support your position. If I had 1% of all the knowledge and in the other 99% was evidence of Yetis, I wouldn’t just believe that Yetis exist just because I don’t know that it doesn’t, that’s an argumentative fallacy and it shows you don’t understand the position of atheism.
In addition, your reasoning implies that there’s cause to accept every religious claim. Your username indicates you believe in Jesus, but this “1% of all the knowledge” claim suggests that you should believe in the qu’ran, ancient Greek gods, ancient Egyptian gods, L. Ron Hubbard, that Jedi religion and the god I just made up now called Brosh. She has all the knowledge
So as you can see from this very simple example, it is impossible to absolutely state that there is no God.
Which is not the position of atheism.
It is at best a belief system, just as any other religion
except for, not predicated on myth and superstition.
To conclude: If you claim to be an Atheist, you are actually an Agnostic in the true sense.
Even-though you do not have a proof for God’s non-existence, you still have chosen not to believe in Him, thus making yourself an Atheist.
Atheism is natural to man,
it is the most comfortable position.
It is a reflection of his depraved fallen state being engulfed in sin.
The Bible states: the fool has said in his heart there is no God. Why?
Because there is so much evidence to the contrary? No, it is more of a hopeful out look so that they will not be accountable to anyone or for anything they have done!
Not believing in God does not change the facts: “For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.”~Romans 1:20
Please I beg and plead with you to wake up and get in touch with your inner-selves. Humble yourselves; kill self pride. God will come to judge you, and you will be accountable. Read your Bibles and pray for mercy and forgiveness.
When you inevitably pray for me can you be sure to let the holy spirit, which I outright deny, know what a vicious blasphemer I am? Thanks, k bye.